[RC] shooting off of your horse - Ed Kilpatrick

i do cowboy mounted shooting.  just one more fun thing to do with horses, especially when it is too hot for endurance rides.   i have worked with three of my horses, getting them accustomed to gunfire.   so far, all of them have done very well with it. no bucking, rearing, or running away.   start with desensitizing excercises, stick and string, rope, whip, etc.,  then just ride and click an empty pistol.  after that, use a .22 with blank ammo, then you can work your way up.  my big pistols are .45 single action revolvers.   i shoot black powder blanks that make lots of noise and smoke!     cowboy (now you know they dont call me cowboy for nuthin') ed