[RC] OT - cougars and hunting - Dawn Simas

<< If anyone knows of a good scientific study, published in a refereed journal,  that shows that large preditors are not more of a problem where they are absolutely protected>>

I don't know of any studies, maybe Megan does?  But I remember being told that there were more attacks in CO than CA and they still hunt them in CO, but haven't in CA for many cat generations.  Just anecdotal, but I suspect it controls the numbers, rather than teaching the cats.  I'm sure that there may be a terrorized cat here and there that saw dogs that missed them, but for the most part, good hunting dogs aren't going to get that close and fail.  Most cats that witnessed the hunt, died soon after, right?

For the record, I'm not against management.

If anyone wants to continue the conversation, I suggest they email me privately since this is off topic for ridecamp.  :)

dsimas at wildaboutcats dot org

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue