[RC] Saddle pad question - Cynthia Eyler

I'm awaiting delivery of a seven year old Ortho-Flex Express Lite saddle.  If it seems to be working out for my horse and me, I'll have booties made (Toklat?  Skito?  some other type?), but in the meantime I have to use some kind of pad to protect the panels and the saddle flaps.

Would it be better to use a cotton dressage pad or borrow a wool western blanket?

Cindy