[RC] Headwater Ride - Adam and Jannelle

I just got back from the Headwaters of the rogue ride.  This was my first
time there because I was affraid of the bee stories.  I think that the bee
stories were just a little hyped up so that people could keep this ride a
secret.  (I know that people have really be in trouble there and I do not
mean to minimze the possible danger of bees and yellow jackets)  I do not
think that there was any real big issue this year maybe a couple of horses
or people got stung.  The ride is absoulty beautiful.  I think it is a
great example of a ride working with the forest service.  There was a
bridge that needed repair that the ride manager reported a few days before
the ride, and the forest service got it fixed before the ride.  The trails
were marked really well, not overmarked where you did not need it, and
marked well where it was not obvious.  We had a great breakfast on Sunday
morning.

The trail is a very technical one.  There is a lot of windy single track
with tree roots and rock in the mix to keep it interesting.  Because you
had to go a little slower and pay attention you got to see all of the
beauty that is in a northwest old growth forest.  The weather was cool in
the morning and it heated up early which made everyone happy to be under
the shade of the forest when we were.  There were lots of wooden foot
bridges and also places to cross the water and drink.  The camp area was
great and had lots of green grass for the horse to munch and a stream close
by for my kids to play in, so everyone was happy.

I would like to thank the ride managers (The Jones) and all of the crew who
help put this ride on.

Adam,

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk
Menagerie Farm