[RC] Re horse/mountain lion encounter - Lani M Olson

Received word a few days ago that the Morgan mother of my Morab, now living in northeastern Wyoming, fought off a mountain lion that came after her newborn foal. It happened six weeks ago. The filly has a gash across the top of her butt on the left side; the mare lost her forearm muscle on the left side. As the afterbirth was gone, the owner figured the cat gave up and took the afterbirth. Vet says some muscle will regenerate and the mare will be rideable, but will have one heck of a scar and dent. There is also a lion in our area, in the foothills east of the Black Hills of South Dakota. Tracks have been seen within half a mile of our place.
Lani