Re: [RC] Tips on Legging Up? - Chris Paus

Can you get to some trails somewhere? Can you ride on the roads?

I'm lucky here in Kansas.. we have a lot of dirt and gravel roads and it's almost always a mile from corner to corner, so it's easy to know my mileage! I also live close to a state park with 30miles of trails, which right now are under water... will somebody please turn off the faucet??? 10 inches of rain in a week and more coming...

but I digress..Yes, it would be pretty boring riding around and around two acres. A good endurance horse with a nice extended trot, would eat that up in no time!

You may have to haul out somewhere to get some good trail conditioning.

chris

Ashia Yother <ashia.yother@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

I have two acres and would like to start training for some endurance rides.  Any tips for someone who doesn't have 200 + acres to get in shape with?

Thanks!

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com