[RC] My Horse may have saved my hide this afternoon - Eric Drew

We were out riding solo as usual and we were on one of the more remote trails in the park

I will always trust Porter to take care of me out on the trail...We came around a turn in Russian Ridge and there was high brush and rocks to the left and he put on the brakes, Ears forward taking big sniff of the air, then he started backing up. I couldn't see anything and nothing I could do with my leg,voice or tap with a crop would make him move forward....then it moved...we were 50 feet or so downwind of a Mountain lion...Porter backed another 30 feet before he turned around and then we trotted off.... with me watching our backside while Porter steered the ship...he got some nice treats back at the trailer

--- Eric Drew
---