[RC] Trucks and tires - Tom Sites

Cool thread Ladies.  I have 2 trucks, a 1997 Chevy 3500 HD Dump Truck, Turbo Diesel, that is rated to haul 10,000lbs and many times with stone has been way over the load limit.  The truck has 79K miles on the original tires and i bet it could go to 100K  (Factory Goodyear Tubeless Radial).

Why did i get so far on these tires?  2 reasons  #1 I rotate the tires every 6 months using my spare in the equation.  Also i keep a check on the tire pressure.  Also, and i almost forgot, i try not to hit the curb when i park.

My Gentleman Jim P/U is a 1996 Chevy 4X4 with a Vortec Motor that hauls an alumnium gooseneck 2 horse trailer.  The truck has the rating of a 3/4 ton.  The alumnium rims are NOT stock and are wider than specified and i'm on the second set at also 77K miles.  The tires go thru the same rotation and pressure checks.

Why did 1 truck that hauls serious weight go further than a truck that rarely hauls on its tires?

I'm not an expert on anything, but my reasoning is 1 its factory specified and the other ain't.  Follow the Factories recomendations,  check your air pressure, rotate your tires and DON'T hit them curbs.

For some reason, girls and trucks sounds sexual.

ts