[RC] No girly truck! - oddfarm

We just bought our second Chevy Duramax 3/4 ton 4x4. Yes, the employee discount applies to them and boy, oh boy what a deal! We couldn't order one, but they found exactly what we wanted including the mirrors that extend. That's nice. The deals were so great, John bought the Chevy Colorado. Poor guy hasn't had a new vehicle all his own since high school. Of course, if we didn't have all these dang animals, he could have bought a new truck every year!! He cries when he thinks about that.

The 2002 truck will hit 100,000 miles sometime this month, almost ALL towing the BAT and we only had to replace a battery and the oil filter because it had a hole in it. I loved that truck and it will now be my daughter's truck. The tires wore well, it pulled the BAT in the mountains and down the highway with no problems.

The 2005 model is a tad more plush and came with XM satellite! Holy crap, how did I EVER live without that?? Sure makes those long trips go by faster. Love, love, love the heated seats but could do without all the buttons that I still can't figure out. It is suppose to have a tad more horsepower, and it does have more pick up than the 2002 when pulling out in traffic.  It took Chevy a while, and a woman, to design a very nice, yet powerful towing truck. A real woman's truck. Yep.

I have never owned a Ford but we did have the Dodge dually with the Cummings (97 model) and added the Banks system. It NEVER pulled as well as the Chevy, even when it was brand new. We put a little over 100,000 on it before the transmission dropped out. We fixed it then sold it.

Lisa Salas, The Odd fArm