From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx [mailto:rides2far@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:17 AM
To: Tracey Smith
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Retrieved] Re: [RC] horsemanship learning NEVER ends---was CTR Thumbs down

******************************
>>Take a good look at the pictures posted from Tevis and you will seen that
quite a few of those riders could still stand to learn a few lessons in
>>>horsemanship.  Not knocking them as they are at the "top of the sport" to
even ATTEMPT such a ride...just saying there isn't a one of us that couldn't
>>>improve their horsemanship in one area or another and to think otherwise is
being closed minded.

I have a question on this. I have limited exposure to CTR but have not noticed that equitation in itself was judged. The only judge I've been exposed to is one of those stand in the stirrups at all times type people who would be eaten alive by a dressage instructor. Do they actually critique you riding skills or just whether you stood up and leaned forward going up a hill?

Angie