Re: [RC] Girly Trucks - Suzi Maiorisi

Oh, but they make this awesome little chip thingy that my sister got for her Chevy 1 ton diesel that makes it less work, better fuel mileage and it runs like a BIG DOG...she got it at the auto shop and it is supposed to be available pretty much everywhere...well, possibly not CA.  Unfortunately, I'm still driving my Dodge til I can get the housing situation completed (woohoo, have a lead on 13 acres with a barn on it!!) and then I'll trade it in on something that will actually haul me and my horse and not have the freaking AC go off every time you hit the gas Sad smiley emoticon...in 100 degree temps in S. Texas it's no fun!
Suzi.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 8:45 PM
Subject: [RC] Girly Trucks

If I were making a switch from stick shift to automatic, I would get one
with the Allison Transmission (I have one myself and can recommend it, I
would RATHER have had a stick shift, but that option is not available in
California with the Diesel engine).  That means Chevy or GMC.  You don't
have to ride the brakes going down hill, even with the trailer on the back,
loaded.

My 2500 HD is plenty of truck for pulling my 16' gn stock trailer fully
loaded (GVWR 14,000 lbs).  It is a regular cab w/ a utility bed on the back
(i.e. not a "girly" truck, but you could leave off the utility bed and
maybe achieve what you want:)).

My only complaints about the Allison transmission are that it doesn't shift
UP at the same time I would in all situations, and it downshifts going down
some hills if I don't give the truck any gas (I don't want to accelerate,
but I don't want it to downshift either), also it is less responsive in
traffic, and it pisses me off that I HAD to pay a huge sum of money for it,
only for it to cost me in gas mileage as well.

In 2003 when I bought it, neither the Ford nor the Dodge automatic
transmissions could hold a candle to the Allison transmission.  I don't
know what they have out now.

kat
Orange County, Calif.

http://mail2web.com/