 Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:40:26 EDT
From: Chipnml@xxxxxxx
 Subject: Re: [RC]   [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2893 AF Saddles-response to Cathy of
Hillview Farm
      To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cathy...Just curious as to where you're putting those 1000 miles  on.  They
aren't through AERC; your record shows 1 30 mile LD in 1999 and 1  30 mile LD
in 2000.  I also don't see you in the ride results for  UMECRA.  I know you
live in MN, but don't remember seeing you compete  at any of the Minnesota rides
in CTR, endurance, or LD in the many years I've  been competing here.  1000
miles of trail riding--while commendable--is not  the same as 1000 miles of
competing...even 1000 miles of conditioning.  As  for the Mpls Police Dept, I
would assume most of their work is done at a walk on  level ground, which is not
the same as 8 hours of trotting and galloping  over varied terrain. While the
flex-tree systems may work for some horses,  I was not happy with the one I
bought a couple years ago. It made my horse sore  over his loins after 50 miles,
something I found was true for some other people  who have tried them (some,
not all!).  I have been told ways I can possibly  correct this problem, and
have tried them,  but the bottom line is I would  have to risk soring him on
another 50 mile ride before I knew if these  corrections worked.

Chip
AERC #13871