[RC] Badger Holes - RBluebirdpr

Just did the Hole in the Wall Outlaw Trail Ride last week.  Other than having to sleep on the ground for a week and dodge badger holes every ten yards it was great.  How do you folks who live out there deal with these holes.  And don't tell me that the horses see the holes and are able to divert around them.  I saw three horses step into holes and stumble or fall. And these holes are big enough for a small person to fall into.  A lady in our group was walking along with horse in hand and the next thing we knew she was up to her waist in one of these pits.  The problem is that the sage brush hides the holes and makes it even more dangerous.  I'll take our eastern humidity and bugs any day over those nasty holes.

Phil