Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2893 AF Saddles-response to Cathy of Hillview Farm - Chipnml

Cathy...Just curious as to where you're putting those 1000 miles on.  They aren't through AERC; your record shows 1 30 mile LD in 1999 and 1 30 mile LD in 2000.  I also don't see you in the ride results for UMECRA.  I know you live in MN, but don't remember seeing you compete at any of the Minnesota rides in CTR, endurance, or LD in the many years I've been competing here.  1000 miles of trail riding--while commendable--is not the same as 1000 miles of competing...even 1000 miles of conditioning.  As for the Mpls Police Dept, I would assume most of their work is done at a walk on level ground, which is not the same as 8 hours of trotting and galloping over varied terrain. While the flex-tree systems may work for some horses, I was not happy with the one I bought a couple years ago. It made my horse sore over his loins after 50 miles, something I found was true for some other people who have tried them (some, not all!).  I have been told ways I can possibly correct this problem, and have tried them,  but the bottom line is I would have to risk soring him on another 50 mile ride before I knew if these corrections worked.

Chip
AERC #13871