[RC] Gaited horses in endurance - Mike & Laurie Hilyard

Wow, I never realized I was on the crest of a rising wave.  I just thought I was trying to put a few miles on a not-ridden-enough horse.  I have to confess, though, that my arthritic, 45 year old knees didn't hurt much at all after getting off Buster.   Maybe I won't sell him. . . but I sure do love my Arabs.  It is interesting, though, because I am not, nor do I aspire to be a top ten finisher, so a fit gaited horse would suit my goals (milage) just as well as a fit, trotting horse.  If only I didn't have to work to support the horses, and could just ride them!  Then I could justify keeping all of them.  Thanks for all the advice from those of you riding gaited horses.  I will probably try it at Tin Cup.  Thanks again!

Laurie in Clare