Re: [RC] Magnesium--second try - Lani M Olson

Many thanks to those who responded. I spoke with two vets yesterday, who freely admit equine nutrition is not their specialty. Neither feels there is a problem with feeding mag ox measured in their normal feed or the mag block being available 24/7, although one of the vets (who is new to me) asked about the binder and other contents of the block (thanks Maureen, never thought about that). As I of course do not have the paper listing the contents, I will have to go to the feed store and write it down, then show it to the vet to see what he thinks about what else is in the block. If anyone is interested, I will post his feelings on the matter, unless a vet on the list cares to give experienced nutrition advice on this magnesium question.
Lani