Re: [RC] swollen sheath - abigail Madden

Any chance its Pigeon Fever?  My gelding had the exact same symptoms a few years ago and that's what it was.  The lump finally popped a small hole and the grossness began as it began to drain.  He actually liked for me to hold the hot compresses on it.  Lots of flushing the area and bleaching of his stall.  He healed just fine and we haven't had it since.  Check with your vet.  I hope its not PF.  Poor Jack has been through enough this year and doesn't need to deal with that too.

Good luck,

abigail
Chico, CA

mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I just went to change Jack's bandages and his sheath is swollen on one side and there is a lump as large as my hand on his belly in front of his sheath.
I cleaned it and no beans.   Any ideas of what it could be and what I should do?