Re: [RC] OT -- Question On Giving Dog Oral Medication -- THANKS!! - Chris Paus

LOL, yes indeed!

She's a "found" dog. She found us one 4th of July. she trotted up the driveway at my parents' farm when we were having a family party. She was full of ticks and burrs. Had no collar. Her long Aussie fur was all matted.

My sister, a former dog groomer, got busy on her, and we knew she was a good dog. She just sat there letting a complete stranger groom her coat. But she wouldnt' eat from anyone but me!

My brother took her home. He has a kennel. He tried for a week to find her humans, but no one claimed her, so I took her home, over my husband's protests, of course. She now is his lap dog, LOL.

She is an awesome little dog with no bad manners. She learned quickly that chasing the horses could shorten her life, so she doesn't do that. To keep this endurance related, she loves to go on training rides with me and can keep up nicely. Her other job is to go with us in the car or truck. If anyone is going anywhere, she has to go along! She has gone with me when I have hauled horses to their new homes several states away.

The only bad thing is her utter phobia about thunder, gunshots, fireworks, etc. We have to drug her for 4th of July. I finally asked an animal communicator to talk to her. She said Lady had been chained outside in a bad storm when lightning struck close by and it scared her badly.

Sounds plausible!

chris

Sky Ranch <skyranch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Chris,
Didn't you say you live in Kansas?  Your Aussie heard about Toto - that's why she's so scared of storms!
Carla

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com