[RC] Found my Horse! - Jackie Caudill

Thanks to all who have contacted me and had us in your prayers- I found my mare today!
She was in a field adjacent to the pasture she had been in, up at the top of a ridge in woods behind a barbed wire fence. 2 great friends, Angie & Patty, and one great mare helped find her. I had brought my daughter's fat out of shape paint QH mare as she is steady as a rock & very vocal, mother hen to beginner riders and horses in "her" herd. We went riding fields adjacent to the land Serena disappeared from, and Patty & Angie took the fence line while the paint & I took the treeline. I'd whistle & the paint would whinny every time I whistled. I kept thinking "is that a horse answering" and before long, Angie rode out into view yelling at me to come quick. I got to them , a little behind and left of me, and they had seen Serena run by in the woods on the other side of the fence. ( She was heading for me & the paint, but Patty & Angie did not know where we were). Called for her again( me & the paint) & here she comes trotting up, sticking her head over the fence saying get me out! We cut the fence & got her out. She was a little thin but well hydrated (lots of water but not much grass where she was) and covered with welts on her flanks, belly & legs. We think she must have found a ground hornet nest in the pasture & gotten stung & took off, then couldn't find her way back. I am thankful for such great friends, horse AND human ! We'll see you at Big South Fork.
Jackie