Fw: Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] Val and Heidi - Renie M burnett

Heidi, I am taking a very deep breathe here, and I did not mean to make this a personal attack.  I apologize profusely.  I agree with Connie's following post;  I look forward to your common sense contributions to ridecamp and most of the time agree with what you offer in the way of information so generously.  I think I get a bit testy when it is insinuated that the only horses suitable for endurance are the ones you breed, or that have the breeding along your lines.  I happen to think that  Wendell Robie's and Donna Fitzgerald's horses were the most suitable, at least 20+ years ago. Also, the horses that Jim Jones and Kerry Ridgeway and a few others used.  Would they pass the Ulcer test today?  Heck, I dunno.  Electrolytes were almost unknown.  At the Drakes Bay Ride, Kerry told me to try some Light Salt at the finish (a really hot and Humid day).  We all do have our favorites, but blatantly promoting CMK, which can be anything from 16 hands Abu Farwa breds, to CMK Raffles 13:2 hands breds, my gosh, that's like trying to define an American.
I totally agree with you about getting down to the nitty gritty and trying to understand what this ulcer thing is all about.  Is it management issues, or training issues, or ??  I promise to not get huffy again.  I appreciate your vast knowledge and contributions to ridecamp. thank you, Heidi.  renie

 <Heidi, I appreciate all that you contribute to this forum, I feel like you are highly knowledgeable and read what you have too offer. I also want to read opinions from other knowledgeable riders and vets and then study each situation to come to my own conclusions. No one has the absolute answer on all endurance related subjects even though a lot of us think we do. It is great to see new riders speak up on this list as well as high profile riders such as Valerie. I would like to see more people telling us their experiences. Sorry to see we may never hear from Valerie again, I hope she will write again and I hope we hear from other high profile riders on this and other subjects. Connie Caudill>
I agree whole heartedly with Connie's post.  renie