[RC] looking at new horse - Jessica B

I am fairly new to endurance and have only done LDR's on my 8 year old Appendix QH gelding. However, I was raised with horses and have ridden my hole life so I have lots of experience. I barrel raced in rodeos for years, and was just looking for a fun new sport to try and endurance definatly fit the bill. However, I want to do longer and more competitive rides, and I don't think my "barrel" horse will fit the bill. He's more of a sprinter ;)

I went and looked at a 7 year old Anglo-Arab the other day. He is about 15.2 hh, a dapple grey. He's registered as a Part-Arab, I got to see his papers. His name is "The Crowned King" LOL

He has an athletic build, a nice hip and shoulder, deep girth, and a decent chest on him (nothing really wide, but not a skinny chest either). He's got good feet, never had shoes. He's got the pretty Arabian head and high tail, and the high stepping action. I wish I had gotten some pictures, but I'll take some if I take him on trial.

I went for a quick ride on him, but I think I might be taking him on a trial for a week so I can learn some more about him and see how we get along. He was broke as a 3 year old, but hasn't been ridden since he was 5. He's basically a pasture ornament now. He knows his basics, walk, trott, lope, stop, back up, leads, and sort of side passes LOL Anyways they are asking $1500 for him. Do you guys think that's a good price? I definatly want to take him on trial first since they said I could, to see how we get along. He was fine when I rode him the other day, just very hyper but he hasn't been ridden in over a year so he definatly needs some fine tuning, but nothing I can't handle.

If I buy him, I plan on doing some fine tuning and training with him before conditioning him for endurance. I wouldn't take him on any rides until next spring and just focus on his training this fall and winter and hopefully start conditioning him after Christmas. What do you guys think??

Jessica