Re: [RC] Flex Panel Saddles - One Size Fits All - Chris Paus

thank you. I too get frustrated with people who try to tell you that one saddle (theirs) is the panacea for all horse ills.

chris

mkrumlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Sorry this is posts poorly, I mispelled the address in my first attempt:

Hmmm....

I'm going to have to strongly disagree that any one saddle on the market
can fit every horse out there. My best example is my own history.

In 1989 I started using Ortho-Flex Saddles because I felt at the time
they were the closest thing to a good fit on the market. I accumulated
many thousands of miles in those saddles with only a few problems.
However during these miles and purchasing additional saddles I found that
even in the same model and seat size I was getting a different fit
because of variances during the manufacturing process. I ended up buying
quite a few OF's and keeping the ones that really fit "our" horses well.
As the horses back developed and changed over the years and I started
doing more 100 mile rides (both CTR and endurance) I started seeing more
fit problems so I started looking at other saddles.

During this time I came across a saddle company called Rocking R. I
believe started by one of the past Ortho-Flex employees. I liked the way
it looked "on the rack" so we purchased two new Minute Man saddles. When
the saddles arrived we saddled up one of the horses and took him for a 25
mile ride. The deep muscle on this particular horse's back was so badly
damaged from that one ride that we were never able to get rid of the
related scar tissue. This was supposed to have been another "one saddle
fits all" type design.

We continued to ride in the OF's until we had some problems with the new
management and a new OF saddle we had ordered. During this time I
started getting some information on the ReactorPanel Saddle Company and
it's product. I ended up testing one of their saddles. I was very
interested in RP because of their ability to fit the horse as well as the
rider. I was very seriously injured in an auto accident and came out of
it with problems that made it difficult for me to be comfortable for 100
miles. RP was also, and very willingly, able to make changes to the seat
to fit my needs. We now exclusively ride in RP's and are thrilled. I've
had two of our saddles on 6 different horses now, all did very well in
competition and all finished with perfect backs.

If your saddle fits you and your horse outstanding! But there isn't any
one saddle out there that will fit every horse. There are just too many
variables in equine anatomy and it's dynamics while working under saddle.

MKS

This message was sent using MailMan
provided by Good News Internet Services
http://www.goodnews.net/