Re: [RC] How do you pick the horse? - Chris Paus

I've acquired three horses sight unseen from Internet sources, and one horse, via the Internet that I did get to go see and ride. so far, they've all been good horses and I've not been disappointed.

I've also sold several horses to people who have not been able to see them in the flesh first. So far, all the people seem quite happy with their horses. The one horse I've been burned on was the horse I bought from a guy down the road and got to ride the horse twice before I bought him.

chris

Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tend to agree with that! I bought a horse sight unseen from Montana.
When he got out of the trailer, I thought, "Well, that's what you get for
buying before trying." But he's turned out to be a beautiful horse, and he
is everything I could wish except for comfort. He tends to trot sort of
sproing-y. A bit hard on me. But he has a terrific walk, very fast, and a
lovely canter. A wonderful personality and he has thoroughly bonded to me.
He's done two 50s last year with energy to spare and is completely sound.
He's also very careful and cautious in tough situations. I love him to
pieces, but he is a bit uncomfortable at the trot.
That's what I got from MY crap shoot.

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com