[RC] Competing without elytes - Laura Hayes

I answered Liz privately, as I have expressed my opinion here, more than once.  But I will summarize:  I have not used elytes in over a year now- a hot mountainous 75 mile win, BCs, top tens, lots of completions on five different horses in several regions.

I have to comment on the current 'sweat' issue.  It started when Liz said her horse has thick foamy sweat at the beginning of the ride---some horses do that---it is not an indication of lack of condition, but results from a nervous horse who is working too hard.  I have seen it many times, and my main horse, Equal Terms does it every ride.  She is certainly fit.

Leaving for Wolverine 100 now-

Ride safe-

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms