Re: [RC] D-rings to English saddle - Chris Paus

ROTFLMAO.. Jonnie, you are a stitch! someday we'll have to ride together if we can figure out a way to shrink the miles between Texas and Kansas... hey, there's rides in Oklahoma!

Anyway, another option is a cantle bag with the water bottle holders in them. I have one of these on my English saddle. I can put everything I need in it and carry two bottles of water and it's fairly convenient to reach for stuff. I got mine from Sportack, but I think all the distance riding catalog folks have them. If I need to hang more stuff, I use the d-rings in front .

chris

Jonni <jonnij@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
While this may be boring to many on the list, who feel they have not been
learning much on the list, I'll go ahead and post this to everyone. Just in
case there might be one more rider out there like myself, who rides at a
slower pace, not caring who is winning international rides, or what their
horses VLA4 or VO2Max is, or if they use VO5 shampoo. Spending all day on
the trail means I need to pack a few more items than those who are winners
and warriors. Never know, I might need to tie on a lariat to rope a fluffy
cow.....

Anyway, have never seen one of these in person, just the catalog. Cashel
makes a thing that goes between your english saddle and pad, that has rings
on it. It can be seen at:

http://www.cashelcompany.com/e_ess.php#

Years ago, I was able to run a strong string or parachute cord up through my
Wintec between the padding and tree, around the back of the saddle, tie it
tight, and have rings on it, that I lined up where I wanted them, and ties
stuff to them. Not sure without looking at your saddle if you could do that
or not, or in a variation of that, but just an idea.

Jonni