Re: [RC] ctr rules - Chris Paus

I don't konw about UMECRA,  but in MOTDRA, sometimes RMs will tell riders they have to trot in the last mile or so and there will be spotters. That's because some riders will tear through a course faster than the prescribed speed and then wait at the end of the ride for a long time dismounted, letting their horses graze. Then when the time's up and it's time to come in, they mount up and saunter in with rested horses, LOL... The "trot the last mile" fixes that.

chris

Ed Kilpatrick <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
diane, it is so that your horse does relatively the same amount of work as the other horses.   for instance,  if a rider decided to walk in the last two miles, as opposed to riding in,  that horse would have an edge in heart rate recovery.       ed

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com