[RC] Thx for kindness at Summer Breeze - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Renee renee.farnham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Acts of kindness make even the most difficult rides positive experiences.  A
lady rider who competed in the SummerBreeze 50 mile ride on Sunday 7/24 should
receive the Mother Theresa award if such exists and if not perhaps one should
be created.  Sadly I don't know her name but if you are the kind sole...my
sincere thank you.  Temperatures that day rose to 100 degrees (without
factoring in the humidity).  I use an Equipedic pad, which does not have straps
to run the girth through.  About 4 miles into the first loop I found my pad
totally displaced at the rear of my saddle.  Several of the front running group
that I was with offered to assist but I didn't have the heart to accept their
offers.  My mare is a very hot Anglo Arab.  I dismounted and realized complete
retacking was necessary.  This very kind rider rode up minutes later and
insisted on holding my beloved but ready to role mare while I retacked her.
Her kindness did not end there.  Further down the trail on a singletrack uphill
climb I dropped my sponge.  With no D rings on my current saddle of choice it
was not attached but meerly in my front pack for use as needed.  To retrieve it
would been both difficult and time consuming.  Knowing that a cabin with hoses
and water for both horse and rider was a short distance away I left my sponge
and continued on.  Later back at camp during the first hold this rider found me
with my sponge in hand.

I would appreciate knowing your name and hope that someday I can reciprocate.
Rosie and I thank you for making that day a bit more memorable.