Re: [RC] Pathophysiology of Scratches - firedancefarms

Carol,
I have a horse that gets this as well.  It is only from the knee to the pastern.  If I move him to another pasture, it goes away.  He is the only one who gets it, and he got it last year about this time of the year as well.  I have decided it is either seed ticks, or chiggars.  I have seen something that looks like a mite, so when school starts next week, I'll take some tape one morning and a 'sample' and see if I can find something under the microscope!
For this horse, next to moving him to the other pasture, equi-spot seems to help.
Louise
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms