Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 8:14 AM
Subject: [RC] 4-H contest

Sorry, can't help myself.  My daughters 4-H horse showing was a bust this year. Her halter broke and by the time she ran back to the barn and traded halters, her class was over. For her next class, she had the only arabian in a class full of quarter horses with quarter horse judges. She placed last. actually, she had the only arab at the district show out of  5 counties, Oh well.    But....... her breed promotion photo got first in state in its division. Her sketch got second in state (hmm arabs don't place well in halter but do well as sketches) and her sculpture, that she made just to have something to turn in for that class, placed.  Her photo is supposed to be on display at the vet college for a year before we get it back. She is interested in doing "formal portrait" division of an endurance rider next year. Any volunteers?        We will be at the Goethe Challenge this december and at everything we can afford gas to get to next year, riding or not.    a HUGE THANK YOU to all the great people who send encouragement and some really great advice on our jr ?
April,  Byhalia  MS