[RC] scratches - larry Miller

I deal with scratches on a daily basis with Maggie.  Scratches can come from wet or dew conditions, sandy conditions, whatever.  Maggie gets them from it all!  Washing with antibacterial soap, rinsing, drying, and then whatever works (zinc oxide, mix of furazon zinc oxide and azium, Trail-Rite remedy, athlete foot cream).  Most rides will allow one to use zinc oxide during the ride and that helps.  Also someone, I think Barbara, said that waterproof sunscreen works great too.  I manage to keep Maggie's scratches to a minimum so that 2 or 3 days in row she can be ridden at rides.  Jeanie