[RC] LD 25s bad for horses - larry Miller

Every horse I have started, began with CTRs.  I did 2 yrs of CTR, one day from 25 up to 40 as well as 2 days which included 25 25, 35 25, 40 25, whatever.  The distance didn't matter, they all learned to take care of themselves and they also learned that they just might go the next day!  In the 3rd year, they began endurance.  I usually encourage folks to start with CTRs because they will learn to take care of their own horse, no crews allowed.  But it doesn't mean that one can't start with LDs or start with 50s.  But CTRs tend to keep one from racing but no matter what one rides, it doesn't prevent taking an unprepared or unconditioned horse to a ride.  Jeanie