[RC] [RC] Feeding - Sherman

Is there a reason your horse really needs 2# of grain at each feeding when you're just walking on these rides? More hay & beet pulp might be a better solution, with just a small amount of grain in the beet pulp if you are using it to add supplements and need to make sure it's palatable. It's important to remember that full portions of grain on days that the horse is not getting a work-out can be a factor in tying-up. I'm not sure I'd consider an hour's walk, even uphill and causing a sweat, to be a work-out. Have you read the info on http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/index.shtml yet? Very helpful and entertaining.

Kathy