[RC] Heat Rash and Injured Thumb - Peggy B-Smith

Well, I don't take Claritin, never have and I still get a horrible heat rash. It's not really a true rash, no bumps, just bright red on my legs that take at least 4-5 days to go away. I always know that after a hot ride I won't be wearing shorts or a dress in public for a while!
It's not a friction thing, it's just from heat and only on my lower legs.
Not that I've been riding lately. I tore the ligaments off my left thumb six weeks ago and had to have surgery to repair them. I hopefully get this cast off this week and hope to start riding again. Was going to ride with the cast, but my injured thumb was left hanging out and vulnerable. The cure is worse than the original injury!
Has anyone had this injury? Even in the cast, my thumb doesn't feel healed yet, but I've got to get back to riding, though with our very hot weather here it's nice not having my bright red heat-rashed legs!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA