[RC] Decade Team Interviews - Maynard & Cheri - DreamWeaver

The 2 new interviews are:

http://aerc.org/long_cbriscoe.asp
Cheri Briscoe and MMF Faramir +//, 11 years together
http://aerc.org/long_mmunger.asp
Maynard Munger and Rushcreek Daos, 11 years together

The Decade Team link can be found on the aerc.org page under the Membership-->Membership Recognition, and the Education drop down menus. I'm going to try really hard to get photos up of each of them. (does anybody have any of these or any of the others missing photos?)

It turns out that Maynard and RC reached Decade Team status in 2003. Something really impressive, is that in 2004 -- RC and Maynard's daughter Julie completed the Tevis together -- that was RC's 11th year. Maynard has cancer, and is not able to ride currently. He had quite a support team in his honor at the Tevis this year, which is great since he loves that ride so, and one that he credits as always being a "humbling experience".

Cherie Briscoe is one of a small handful of riders that have two horses on the Decade Team listing -- and both of them are stallions. Cheri is still riding Faramir in the 2005 season, which makes it his 12th year.

Congratulations to them both, and to all of the others fortunate enough to have a bond with a horse like these two obviously have!

If anybody else reaches 10 years during this ride season, let me know. The requirements are: 10 ride seasons, same horse, same rider -- thru the current ride season (2003 and 2004 will also count, if we missed you), in 50 mile rides and up. As of 2005 the database will be more accurate and we won't miss anybody from this point forward. There are 11 new teams this year so far. I still need to add Bruce Weary and Heisman to the list. If you are on the list and haven't heard from me yet, drop me a note. Thanks to everybody for contributing and making these interviews so much fun to put together, and to read. :)

Karen
in NV