Re: [RC] dogs - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok... I will step into the realm of getting blasted.  I have dogs... two of them.  One if brought to rides will bark his ass off  ( a Corgi).  The other is well behaved.  BUT.. I have to agree with this poster.  I believe that rides are for horses, not dogs.  I  don't particularly care for dogs being at awards, at dinner, coming up to me while I am trying to eat and getting in my plate.  That is why I leave my dogs at home.   I can't leave the kid at home because she rides.... and is a little better mannered than the dogs... (that was  a joke).  But seriously... she is business at the rides... the dogs are not riding.  This weekend at a ride... I had to move two piles of doggy crap from beside my truck... or else I would have stepped in it.  That is NOT being at nice dog owner to turn them loose to poop at someone else's rig.

Jody... who has dogs, but leave's them home.

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Guest ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wish EVERYONE would keep their dogs and children at home. If you want to take them places with you, take them on your next camping trip, not to a ride! Poor Muffy can just stay home with the dog sitter and the kids can stay with grandma! And I don't care what your circumstances are, you CAN find a way to keep them at home.

I hope ride managers will come to see the sense in banning dogs from rides. Many horse shows I have attended say in their premium "ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ON THE SHOWGROUNDS AT ANY TIME". Others are a bit more lenient and say in the printed program "ALL DOGS MUST BE LEASHED AND SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES". If you are not going to ban dogs, at least please demand that dogs be leashed at all times. I don't care how obedient your dog is, put it on a leash. Raise the cost of "the jail" so owners actually feel like they are paying a fine instead of paying for cheap doggie day care.

I do not like dogs. I do not like them walking up to me, jumping on me, licking me, sniffing me - wether or not they are on a leash. I am not shy about kicking a dog that comes up to me and invades my space. Dog owners need to UNDERSTAND that there are plenty of people that DO NOT LIKE DOGS and we do not find their friendly little dog cute at all. I don't care how friendly or cute you think your dog is, I still don't want it anywhere near me, nor do I want to step in its crap in the middle of the night or be awoken by the damn thing barking its head off.

That's all I have to say about dogs.