[RC] 100's and more - Tom Sites

Hello , i just got back from an all day ride near the Va./W.Va. border searching out new trail and quess what?  We probably only rode 20 miles and i'm not whupped, but i'm tired, and time changes everything.

The recent discussion on 100's and all the stuff people use to not try it reminds me of the current situation in the work market for labor.  You can't get a white boy to work any more and people say keep them Hispanics out of the country.  But you know what?  If they weren't here doing the 'work' we Americans would be in a deep abyss because as i said, white boys don't know how to use a shovel anymore.

Which gets me to this.  All the best of horses and tack and shoeing and supplements and training rides and people still find a reason to not attempt 100s.  It gets back to that white boy thing...Americans want it all now, and are not willing to do what it takes to get there.

This is a true story of one whose first organized ride was the Great American Horse Race on a $175 meat horse and a $15 english saddle.  Upon his return he heard of the OD and did that and it nearly killed him, but the horse did fine.  The third ride was the OD 100 again.  He thought that was what Endurance was...100's  Now there was no special elixers here it was the one thing that if you don't have it don't try it.

If you properly train, shoe and condition your horse and are willing to ride at a 5 mph pace, you can do it.  All it takes is perseverance and tenacity.  Yea, it takes guts too.

so,  Go for it and you will see places you never been before,
ts