Re: [RC] lost horses - martina keil

FOr what it's worth......when we lived in Colorado (adjacent to public land) we had our horses escape at night during a snow storm....Got up in the morning and made a joke about the horses taking off to Vegas only to see they really were gone. Snowing and blowing so hard tracks were covered. They left the back of the property, came down the road and ended up at the front gate next to the house ( thats what the dog were barking at at 1:00 am). This was the extent of what we could figure out from the poop we found, From that point there were no signs which way they went. We started scouring the countryside....snowshoes and all. Through the night (fullmoon after a snowstorm is quite beautiful). no one saw anything. Two days later....about 4 miles away... they were found. They had ended up at corrals used during the summer by a dude string operation. We had been there earlier in the search and had seen no sign. Someone doing some winter maintenance saw them and checked at the store...where we had flyers. Just a story...guess there are no real answers for you. We had never ridden up that way before..maybe they got spooked then lost and just ended up following the horse smells. They were sure glad to see us though..........

Please Reply to: sue sue_jamaica@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx