[RC] Diesel Engines - Magnumsmom

What's this about extending the warranty on a truck engine to 72K?

Just to note:  The Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel engine comes with
a 100,000 mile warranty.  Doesn't matter if you get the extended
warranty on the truck or not, the engine is covered for the first
100,000 miles.  Oh, and I have actually met one guy who put
1,100,000 miles (that's not a typo) on his first Dodge Ram w/ the
Cummins.  It was still running.  Cummins asked for the engine back
to see how it faired and gave him a new one.  He then sold the truck
with a new engine and bought another new Dodge.  He uses his trucks
to haul big (huge!) 5th wheel travel trailers across country to trade
shows.  So all of those miles were hauling.  He is the 3rd person I
know of to put over a million miles on his Cummins.  I've only got
just over 150,000 on mine (a 2000), but I'm shooting for that million.

The only thing wrong with my truck right now is some a$*#&@^!@%, er,
jerk backed into my tailgate.  Damn.

:) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM