From: sandy rovane [mailto:blanketlady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:39 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Sharing Gas

As I am the one that usually drives and has the truck and LQ trailer I think it is only the "right thing" but "nice thing" for the person hitching the ride the pay for all of the gas.  Friends can decide this between themselves.  The owner of the big toys has the insurance, repairs, tires and all the other sundry things to pay for and it would be a very nice gesture to have an OFFER of full gasoline for the trip.  The rest is to be discussed between the rider and the driver.  PS.  I have never had the offer for full gasoline. I even hauled a horse across three states to a ride for someone and they only offered half gas as they said "as long as you are coming this way" could you bring a horse we just bought with you.  With my friends locally we just trade rides and who ever drives the other does lunch.