[RC] Ford truck problems - Sally Tarbet

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 8:20 PM
Subject: Ford truck problems

Cathryn,

I feel your pain.  My husband and I bought a new 2004 F250 Diesel Crew Cab King Ranch in Sept 2003.  For the first 3 months it was in the shop for 34 days total.  (I really hat driving a Ford Taurus rentals...they can turn on a dime but can't haul a gooseneck horse trailer and only a couple bags of grain!).

I finally totally lost my temper after I picked it up from the dealer, drove it 20 miles downtown and a few hours later it wouldn't start.  I called everyone that was connected with that Ford and let them have an earful or two!....then called the tow truck to haul that piece of expensive shit back to the dealer.

I walked back in the deal and slammed the keys down on the counter and told them "they could have it, I was done, I didn't want it any more, I had had it, it was theirs to keep" and walked off.  They of course told me "Miss, it doesn't work that way, you can't do this...".    I have never behaved this way ever in a public place.  I raised my voice so that everyone in the sales department could hear me.  I told them loudly all about my Dodge Ram that had 97k miles on it and never gave me a lick of trouble...

I told them that my attorney would be in touch...I already started the paperwork for the Lemon Law (which in Idaho doesn't state anything about a 3/4 ton limit, that I recall.  That really is a bogus law on GA's books.  I wonder why what the history is on that law???).

The dealer finally told us about the Ford Dispute Settlement Board and to ask to speak with the Field Supervisor.  The Dispute Settlement Board is the first step to get the truck replaced by Ford.  If that didn't work, I think our next step was the Lemon Law to get our truck problems resolved.  F.D.S.B. 1-800-688-2429.

The Field Supervisor finally authorized one more attempt to fix my truck, which they finally did!  I got it back 3 days later and it hasn't hiccupped, burped, or coughed since.  I warned them that if it even blinked I would be back and beware!!  They extended our warranty to 72k Miles and rebated us one months payment since it was in the shop for over a month altogether.  So hold out and be strong.  Make them fix it and extend the warranty for free!!  Ask for compensation for the time it was in the shop, since you are still making payments and unable to use the vehicle.

Nothing like spending $43,000 and have it be a piece of junk.  I love my truck NOW...

Good luck with your fight.  I feel your pain...

Sally

PS  My trouble was the truck would just start running on 1 or 2 cylinders.  It was scary, especially when pulling out in traffic or in front of a semi!  It would either clear up on it own or die.  They finally replaced the software and the 'mother board' of the truck and the wiring harness to fix the truck.  The 6 disc cd player had to be replaced as well as the cruise control.

Apparently our truck was the ONLY truck in the USA that had this problem.  Yah, right!!

Sally Tarbet
Prudential Jensen Real Estate
208/890-8899 Cell

Visit my website at www.callidahohome.com

"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and
you miss all you are traveling for"  Louis L'Amour