[RC] girth sores - karine smeenk

Hi all,

Since I changed my english saddle for a Barefoot Cheyenne treeless saddle my mare gets sores behind her elbows. She never had any with my english saddle, which needed a normal girth. The Barefoot needs a dressage girth. I tried first with the leather one, that is sold with the saddle. It is a very nice soft girth, but it somehow seemed too large for my mare. I changed it for a coton girth with a sheepskin "thingy" around. My mare seemed happy at first, but at her latest training ride (less than two hours) she came home sore again. The skin is red and chafed. I keep my stuff clean, it is washed regurlarly. Of course, I watch very closely if my horse is clean in the area behind her elbows before saddling.
Any ideas??

Thanks,
Karin