From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Nancy Reed
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 3:29 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] FW: trails meeting/good news

Here is some good news on the trails front!  The San Diego County Board of Supervisors approved the new County Trails Master Plan on January 12th.  This will save literally 100’s of miles of trails in San Diego County.  This took thousands of volunteer hours to map existing and wished for trails, write new regulations and standards and work to ensure the Supervisors would approve the plan.  It was a group effort made together by all the different trail users; bikers, hikers and equestrians.  It will now be very difficult for development to close trails and make it much easier to insure our children and grand children will have a trail to ride on.

Also San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E) has partnered with San Diego County to allow (as in legal/deeded) trail use on it’s easements in south San Diego County.  This is a first for SDG&E who would not even return phone calls when trail easements were left on the message.  The Turkey Trot was on some of the trails! Celebrate everyone this is a GIAGANTIC win !!!

Nancy Reed, Lazy J Ranch, Elfin Forest, CA