[RC] Being the herd leader - Diana Anderson

I agree with MaryAnn.  Horses do adapt to our way of comunicating with them and try very hard to understand what we say (want).   Which has me thinking of horse to horse comunication.  Wasn't there a discussion last month about a move from Florida to the north west where her horse was having trouble getting along with the new horses.  Could it be the difference in horse dialict?  Could this horse not have understood the small nuances of the local horse language?      OR ????where the local horses making fun of his accent which was pissing him off.  Just odd thoughts.  I suppose you could construe this that I am putting human traits in horses. If you read closely that is not what I am proposing.

I always remove all fly mask  when a new horse is being introduced onto the property and/or into the herd.    Although body language tells alot we all know how much we read our horses by their eyes, nose, ears and mouth language.
 Imagine  being  put in a hostile room with everyone wearing a mask.