Re: [RC] AERC Directions - 1 Day 100's - Barbara McCrary

Most, if not all, of the champions of the past, when there was just one National Champion based on points accumulation, were not only not wealthy, but simply average working folks.  If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: [RC] AERC Directions - 1 Day 100's

Having the national championship be determined by the over all year end points could be difficult for many riders because of the particular region they live in and the endurance activity in their area.  I could see it turning into more of a "those with the most money win"....they would have the means to ride year round and as often as possible.

I really would prefer going back to the championship series format.  Everyone was allowed to participate in 2 regional rides of their choice, and the national ride.  I feel this format would level the playing field for the average rider hoping to compete at the national level.

and just my two cents....I love one day 100's and can't wait until my youngsters are old enough to start trying them again....

MKS

--
dangerous content by IntelliBlock MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.