[RC] Rocky's missed ride (with correction to verse) - DVeritas

Sandy,
    I have started Tevis twice.
    I have completed it zero times.
    Every year, I get on my laptop and follow Lucy's excellent coverage of the event.
    Every year, I remember the buildup to the ride, the excitement of the vetting in, the bodacious start in the dark.
    Every year, I wish I were there to ride (try) it again.
    THIS YEAR, however, my wish is that you and Rocky find each other again.
    I sit here in western Nebraska and find myself praying for you and Rocky.
    I pray that Rocky is safe.  I pray if someone "found" him and if they are caring for him, that somehow, they find you.
    I pray that you find the wherewithal to deal with feelings I can not even imagine.
    Robert Montgomery Watson rode a horse who looked just like your Rocky.  (Watson was a mainstay on the trail above Auburn in the 1920's and early 1930's.  He wrote a beautiful poem called "The Last Ride"...part of which said:

    "...A phantom horse shall guide me
        On the oldest trail of all
        This the path that all must follow
        When we hark the final call"

    If, for some reason, Rocky does not make his way back to you, I'm thinkin' Bob Watson might've been lookin' for a beautiful horse upon whom he could meander through the deepening shadows of the Ponderosa Pine above Lake Tahoe
.
    Good luck and God Bless,
       Frank Solano