[RC] dogs - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Guest ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wish EVERYONE would keep their dogs and children at home.  If you want to
take them places with you, take them on your next camping trip, not to a ride!
Poor Muffy can just stay home with the dog sitter and the kids can stay with
grandma!  And I don't care what your circumstances are, you CAN find a way to
keep them at home.

I hope ride managers will come to see the sense in banning dogs from rides.
Many horse shows I have attended say in their premium "ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ON
THE SHOWGROUNDS AT ANY TIME".  Others are a bit more lenient and say in the
printed program "ALL DOGS MUST BE LEASHED AND SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES".  If you
are not going to ban dogs, at least please demand that dogs be leashed at all
times.  I don't care how obedient your dog is, put it on a leash.  Raise the
cost of "the jail" so owners actually feel like they are paying a fine instead
of paying for cheap doggie day care.

I do not like dogs.  I do not like them walking up to me, jumping on me,
licking me, sniffing me - wether or not they are on a leash.  I am not shy
about kicking a dog that comes up to me and invades my space.  Dog owners need
to UNDERSTAND that there are plenty of people that DO NOT LIKE DOGS and we do
not find their friendly little dog cute at all.  I don't care how friendly or
cute you think your dog is, I still don't want it anywhere near me, nor do I
want to step in its crap in the middle of the night or be awoken by the damn
thing barking its head off.

That's all I have to say about dogs.