[RC] The Big Horn 100...now THIS is endurance!! - Laura Hayes

Some people only have one magical endurance experience in their whole lives.  I have had two - 18 years apart and both at the Big Horn 100 in Shell, WY.

This trail, a continuous 100 mile loop over the mountains, is the most beautiful and awe inspiring scenery I have ever experienced.  I am still trying to process it and put it down on paper, but really, my words will never describe how wonderful this trail is.  My husband and I plan on making this ride a permanent fixture in our lives, and if it should ever go away, as some old historic rides do, it would be a horrid shame.

I will get back to you with a story, but for now, I am still just reveling in the wonder of this beautiful country and in the thought that we are extremely lucky to be able to see it from the back of a good horse.

IMHO, this trail is the epitome of endurance riding.  It should be on every rider's life list of things to do.

More later...

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY