Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 1:23 PM
Subject: [RC] more saddle confusion

Yes, I realize t his is the most over discussed topic on this list, but
unfortunately, the question  must be asked. is there a  better way to go?
English or Western? I'm working with a saddle fitter on my n ew horse, JJ
Freeley, and she says that every saddle I own is totally not a good fit (not
to mention that the English saddle I just purchased from teh barn trainer
turned out to have a broken tree adn she hasn't told me if she'll give me
back my money or not GRRR) I need something to begin to ride him
comfortably, but it doesn't have to be "the" saddle for all time. He is out
of shape and working LSD and he needs to be comfortable, but he's not
competing ... the saddle fitter and I had discussed an English style
endurance saddle or a dressage saddle so I could have one saddle for both
sports.  He's very wide and his back is fairly straight. I was all set to
look for an english saddle, but then was told that they aren't great for
distance. Is that true? or is it completely individual to the horse?