[RC] gaston mercier saddles - karine smeenk

Someone (sorry, can't remember who!) asked about Gaston Mercier saddles. I'm currently trying one and I already dread the day I have to send it back! I have a hard to fit mare, she has quite large shoulders and not much wither. I'm not into very long distances yet, but try to ride at least twice a week 15 to 20 miles.
I have the model Levezou, which has fenders. The leather is beautiful, the saddle is very, very nicely made, real quality.
My mare, who has been very difficult with a treeless saddle and also started to buck and to look angry with an english AP saddle has really settled down with the GM. No more bucking and she is trotting out nicely, relaxed. She used to have very different diagonals while trotting....... she is almost even now!
This saddle almost doesn't slip when I get on...... every saddle I tried until now did!
For me, this saddle is an eyeopener..... I have never, ever been able to sit relaxed, now I can! My position is centered, my legs don't move, my shoulders stay relaxed, no more pins and needles in my feet..... After the ride, my knees won't hurt, nor does my back!
I have some pictures I can send, if anybody is interested.

Karine
France