Re: [RC] Welts - Lysane Cree

My horse came in one evening covered in welts on her neck and back from mosquitoes. They are pretty bad this year and when we had a lot of rain they were really bad out in the field. The welts went away by themselves as soon as the mosquitoes cleared up a little. The welts themselves didn't seem to bother her at all once the moquitoes went away.
Now she has two other patches of "stuff" on each side of her body near her withers. I think its rain rot, except its not in round patches. Its one big patch of roughed up hair with some scabs/dry skin and she doesn't like it if the brush goes over it. Some horses have more sensitive skin than others to stuff like this.

Lysane